What is the Full form of BHIM and UPI?
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. BHIM was introduced in the year 2016 in New Delhi by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is a payment app that lets users make a quick and safe online transaction of money using UPI.
UPI stands for Unified Payments Interface. You can transfer money from one bank to another bank using a mobile number or UPI ID. We can even make a direct payment by scanning the QR code on the BHIM app.
You can even request money through the app from UPI ID.
Features/Benefits of BHIM and UPI Full form
- QR Code: In the profile section of the app user can view their static QR code and send this QR code through various messenger apps like WhatsApp, email, etc to receive the money.
- Scan and pay: Users can also pay by scanning the QR code and can also generate a QR code of some particular amount and share it to receive the Set amount in the QR code.
- Request and Send Money: We can also request or send money through UPI ID, a mobile number is not necessary for this mode of transaction.
- Transaction way: Users can send money through various modes like by using UPI ID, IFSC Code, QR code, and Account number of the Bank.
- Transaction History: Checking the transaction history is very simple. Users can also see for whom the transaction is being made.
- Language: This App is available in 22 regional languages of India.
- Unlike other mobile payment apps like PayTM, Mobikwik, Airtel Money, etc BHIM app is the only and best mode of online transaction mechanism which transfers money from different Bank accounts.
Through this app, anyone can transfer the money instantaneously 24/7 without any delay also during Bank holidays or on weekends.
Steps to Use BHIM UPI app
1: Go to the play store and download and install BHIM App.
2: Select your preferred language from the languages list given.
3: Make sure the SIM card which is registered to the bank account is inserted into the mobile which you have installed in the BHIM app. Select the SIM number in it.
4: Allow app to manage SMS and phone call.
5: Create 4 digit number which will be used while logging into the app.
6: Select UPI/Internet banking enabled bank from Banks list.
7: App will fetch the details from the registered bank.
This is all about the BHIM UPI and its Full form.